Food, Music, Festivals, Quirky, Festivals, Weird, Fun! Austin seems to have it all, though admittedly it is our only condo that has no bears. Our condos in Florida, Colorado, and Wyoming focus on natural beauty, relaxation, and outdoor fun ---- by contrast, our Austin condo puts you in the center of urban fun!! Food, festivals, music, art, and all the quirkiness Austin has to offer.
Things to do in Austin:
- Everyone knows about Austin City Limits and South by Southwest, but Austin has a never-ending drumbeat of music, art, food, and cultural festivals. It is a truly international festival destination!
- Ladybird Lake offers kayaking, bat watching, hike and bike trails all within the skyline of Austin and just 8 minutes from our condo.
- Spend the day perusing the food trucks, craft beer, and funky street art of South Congress and South Lamar.
- Hill country hiking in the Austin area is some of the best in Texas.
- Catch a UT Austin Football game.
- Wander on the trails of Mayfield park...look out for the peacocks!
- Exploding East Austin and 6th street offer music and nightlight with quirky Texas flare.
- Watch 1,500,000 bats emerge at dusk from the South Congress bridge (March-October) but get there early for the best spot.
- Swim in Barton Springs or go cliff jumping in one of several places in the Austin area.
- Tour the Texas Capital building.
- Get out of the climbing gym and try your skills on actual rocks at Seismic, Gus Fruh, or New Wall or leave the gear behind and boulder at McKinney Falls State Park.
- Check out Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in southwest Austin with 650 species of wildflowers.
- Hike Mount Bonnell for a great view of the skyline.
- Quick day trips to Fredericksburg (90 minutes) or float the river in San Marco (30 minutes away).
- Check out the caves around Austin, Inner Space, Longhorn, Natural Bridge Caverns, and The Cave Without A Name (seriously, that's its (apparently inaccurate) name) --- all a quick drive from Austin.